Old January 21st 05, 06:53 PM
Paul M. Cordell

Pete Reinhart wrote:
Well,
Dang! They've sold five or six Eta's, haven't they?
Just goes to prove, _somebody_ will buy one based on performance alone.
It seems that even the mainstream builders are having a sales slump due to
cost and a general climate of economic decline. Of course, some folks dont't
have to think at all about what their toys cost. Only sometimes wish it were
me.
Cheers!
wrote in message
ups.com...

For crying out loud, it is hard to argue with a Brit. But in this case
you have a valid point and I applaud your comments. I don't understand
that the manufacturers of Diana don't see the facts. Only few gliders
sold, limited lifespan of 1200 hours, limited support, etc. The
sailplane obviously has excellent performance. I don't think that
anybody is questioning that. I wish the manufacturer and designer of
the sailplane best of luck, but I also think they need to hire a market
analyst and good marketing company, familiar with global market in
order to succeed. The performance numbers will not do the sales alone.

As SIZE is a critical issue here, What are the "exact" dimensions of
the cockpit. Seat pan at it's narrowest and Widest? Seat back to
Rudder pedals at furthest extension. Cockpit Shoulder width? Is the
Diana 2 cockpit different from the original SZD-56?