Old December 8th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tman[_2_]

Default Changed identifier of airport 5B3 - LZD

Mike wrote:
"Tman" wrote in message
Tman wrote:
On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport
out here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the
little souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!

Well just to make things more fun, this isn't reflected in the latest
issue AFD sectional bulletin. But there are new approach plates with
the new identifier.

Oh yeah, they've installed an AWOS out there about a year ago -- nice,
119.125. But the frequency is / has been notamed, and is not yet
reflected in either the most current sectional or AFD...

It is reflected in the A/FD dated Nov 20th.

http://www.avn.faa.gov/pdfs/ne_3_20NOV2008.pdf

Got it... I was expecting to also see it in the Sectional chart bulletin
-- prefereably, both the change in identifier and the new AWOS frequency.