Old December 8th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

Default Changed identifier of airport 5B3 - LZD

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Tman" wrote in message
| Tman wrote:
| On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport
out
| here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the little
| souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!
| Well just to make things more fun, this isn't reflected in the latest
| issue AFD sectional bulletin. But there are new approach plates with
the
| new identifier.
|
| Oh yeah, they've installed an AWOS out there about a year ago -- nice,
| 119.125. But the frequency is / has been notamed, and is not yet
| reflected in either the most current sectional or AFD...
|
| It is reflected in the A/FD dated Nov 20th.
|
| http://www.avn.faa.gov/pdfs/ne_3_20NOV2008.pdf
|
| Even if it weren't in the A/FD, it could just as easily have been
published
| via the D NOTAM system which is the complement to the A/FD. The FAA
simply
| assumes you're aware of all available information.
|
| What really blows away some pilots is sometimes changes are made
coincident
| to the new A/FD publication and the change is not reflected in the
NOTAM.
| So even if you check your chart and the NOTAMs, if you don't check the
A/FD,
| you still may not have all the available information.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

You figured that out all by yourself????

Imagine that, Maxie. While it's quite easy to amaze inbred Okies like you,
that wasn't my intent.

Still anytime you want to join in a grown up discussion to prove how much of
a sophomoric Okie rube you are with nothing of intelligence to add to this
NG, feel free. I can always use the comic relief.