Old July 16th 03, 06:14 AM
Jon Carlson

Bingo. I have this issue on my 340. If the emergency window is too
tight the seals get squashed and won't seal for pressurization, but if
they aren't too tight then it'll leak a bit when not pressurized.
Haven't yet found the best solution other than don't park in the
rain...

-Jon C.

"JDupre5762" wrote in message
But how can windows or other doors leak with a pressurized

airplane? If it
is nearly airtight then surely it ought to be perfectly watertight.

The cabin door and emergency exit windows had inflatable seals that

inflated
only when the engines were running. With the aircraft parked and

the seals
relaxed rain water could come in. The operator swore by the taping

method when
parked outdoors.

John Dupre'