Old August 19th 05, 05:56 PM
Scott D

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 03:29:45 GMT, "Mediacom"
wrote:

Without repeating what most have said, I think that Peter is very
close to my feelings as well. And if you google this and R.A.Students
this has been hashed over time and time again.

I will say that you probably missunderstood about his instrument
rating. I bet you he has this, but not his CFII where he can teach
instruments. I didn't get me CFII until recently and that was 4 years
after I got my initial CFI and MEI. For me it was a financial reason.
I studied the market where I was teaching at and just couldnt see
spending alot of money on the flying, tests, and the practicle without
having a student base to use it on. If my memory serves me, I turned
down maybe 3 students that wanted me to teach them insturments.
The only reason I got it now is that the guy I fly for now who ownes a
Saratoga, a Duke, and partial King Air 300 wants to get his
instrument. So he let me use the Saratoga and he paid all my fees, so
it cost me nothing. It took me 2 weeks and 1 day to do it in and most
of that was waiting for a slot with the examiner. So my point is,
this new CFI could be a great instructor, so dont dismiss him just
because he doesnt have his CFII.

Scott D.