Old August 15th 19, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default PowerFlarm Antenna Locations on Carbon Fuselage

Good idea.Â* That and the OGN since we have one at Moriarty.Â* Take a look
at THIS
https://ktrax.kisstech.ch/cgi-bin/flarm-txrange.cgi?command=plot&flarmid=ade5fe
and can anyone say why my transmission is so crappy?Â* Maybe because the
antenna is on the field and I'm quickly above that?

Another question for the antenna gurus:Â* Why is the as delivered A
antenna longer than the B antenna?Â* Are they different frequencies? Why
not use the longer A antenna on the B port and the blade on the A port?

So many combinations to try...

On 8/14/2019 8:54 PM, wrote:
I wonder if the range analysis checks your tx or rx or both.
You might need other folks' logs to check the tx.

If so, then a test might be to just use port A on one antenna at a time.

--
Dan, 5J