Old December 26th 04, 05:07 PM
Aaron Coolidge

Dude wrote:
: IOW are we now running too conservatively? My number 2 cylinder wants to
: run up to 405 or 410 when the rest are at 385 (75 ROP, 1425 EGT). I have
: done EVERYTHING except take out the jug to figure this out. One AP noted

Does this cylinder have a sparkplug washer CHT probe? These indicate 30 to
50 deg hotter than the well-type CHT probes with the same actual cyl temp.
If this engine monitor is an add-on (even a factory add-on) it may have a
washer CHT probe. The tip-off would be a single-point CHT gauge in addition
to the engine monitor.
--
Aaron C.