Old April 18th 04, 09:39 AM
Thomas Borchert

Paul,

I am after a David Clarke Headset

Well, my primary question would be: Why DC? There are many other brands
which probably (IMHO definitely) offer a much better value. With DC,
you pay a premium just for the brand name.

You should consider two things, IMHO:

1. Comfort is a very personal thing - you definitely need to try before
you buy, either at the local pilot shop or through a money-back
guarantee.

2. Do not buy something without ANR (active Noise Reduction).
Passive-only headsets are a thing of the past.

I happen to like the Lightspeed headsets very much. They offer
excellent comfort and very good ANR at relatively low prices.

If you want independent reviews (on pretty much anything), Aviation
Consumer is the place to go. The magazine's website offers all back
issues electronically at www.aviationconsumer.com. They have reviewed
headsets repeatedly.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)