Old September 19th 14, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Where is the LX S80?

Looks like a direct competitor to the Butterfly vario.

I wonder if it will have a similar vertical airmass indicator based on inertial reference that essentially eliminates horizontal gust induced energy changes like the Butterfly vario does. I am hoping there will be a dedicated indicator for this reading that can be directly compared to the "regular" vario indicator to help determine if that lift indication is due to a horizontal gust or not.

The specs make no mention of a magnetometer, only a gyro based system. Curious how this effects instantaneous wind calculations.