Old September 30th 05, 06:16 PM
Montblack

("Peter Duniho" wrote)
So what? There are plenty of examples of poorly written computerized
systems. I'll give you another one, just because I'm so generous: the
Denver baggage handling system. That doesn't mean all computerized
systems are poorly written.

I've had a perverse pleasure watching that thing over the years. My sister
lives in Colorado so I've gotten a local perspective on the 'project from
hell' as well.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L52C545EB
(Same link as below ...wait for it)

http://www.computerworld.com/managementtopics/management/project/story/0,10801,102405,00.html
Problems with Denver's baggage system

My background is in (factory floor) production and warehousing:
Seasonal Pepsi plant (18)
Ford Assembly plant (18) ...and dumb. Didn't like working the 'chassis line'
so I quit.

Full time paper mill (19) Paid for some college, Dune Buggy, motorcycle,
car...

Hamm's/Stroh's Brewery (21) Ten years packaging and warehouse, QA

Throw in some (extra $$) school bus driving from 78-83 ...routing,
scheduling, independent decision making, mechanical issues, kids!,
parents!!, district office!!!

Yes. I think I could have fixed their baggage handling problems. :-)

Montblack
Overall, it was never 'really' a software problem.