Old March 9th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default Bad timing...

Didn't you just have an annual? When I had my 182, while camping at
Johnson Creek, I was landing at McCall, Idaho and had the same thing
happen. No left brake, all the fluid squirted past the window on
landing. Luckily there was a shop on the field. We taxiied up and
asked if he could fix it. He said not til tomorrow, he had to catch up
on his paperwork. You're ****tin' me I thought. So we called the guy
in Cascade, just down the lake from McCall. He said fly it over. So we
did, paying more attention to wind direction than normal. We left the
plane with him, took his car and went and got something to eat. $50 and
a short new section of brake line and we were on our way.

Jay Honeck wrote:
As is apparent from my other recent thread, we're planning to fly to
Texas Sunday afternoon. Well, today was a beautiful day here in Iowa,
and we agreed to fly a good friend to a nearby airport, where he was
supposed to pick up his new (to him) Cessna 172, and take his biennial
flight review.