Old May 3rd 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Shortest distance flown by wood?? :D

On Apr 28, 7:25 pm, wrote:
Made it a whopping 16.5 nautical miles (30.5 kilometers) downwind from
the airport today. had a great landout in the perfect spot as heavy
rains last week made most of the plowed fields quagmire. put it in
some grass endrows at the crest of a hill. the field was
(surprisingly) dry, must have good drainage. we were actually able to
drive through it. Dont worry, no spring tilling or planting had been
done, no crops were injured in the production of this flight.

Flew to even closer fields in the K6, just 8.54 statute miles from FBL
at an L/D of 16. Should have kept that $50 vario I sold to you!
RT