Old September 11th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

Several of these devices you see coming out run Windows CE, from which
Windows Mobile is based. There is a fairly large market for Windows CE
based controllers/display nits for point of sale and similar
applications from which the ClearNav and presumably this one are
based. And leveraging existing technology is a good thing. Porting
Windows Mobile based applications like WinPilot and SeeYou Mobile to
these devices should be relatively easy.

Darryl

On Sep 10, 7:44*pm, "Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:
So, Richard, what operating system does it use? *I'm presuming is isn't
"Windows Vista Ultimate" due to the hardware requirements for Vista. *Google
doesn't turn up any other "Ultimate Operating System".

FWIW, Winpilot at one time (and maybe still) delivered a fully functional
Win32 version along with the PDA version. *GPS_LOG Win CE does this too..
All you need to run the Win32 versions is a computer with an X86 compatible
processor running some version of the Windows OS.

I often run GPS_LOG in one window on my desktop and SeeYou or Condor in
another. *I use a loopback serial cable to transfer NMEA data from SeeYor or
Condor from Com1 to Com2 where GPS_LOG picks it up and displays it. *It's a
great way to learn PDA software.

Bill D

"Richard" wrote in message

On Sep 10, 4:46 pm, Andy wrote:

On Sep 7, 6:47 am, Richard wrote:

The Craggy Aero Ultimate supports Borgelt Varios, B50, B500, CAI 302,
LX1600, or any NMEA GPS. Software WinPilot PRO or ADV.

Larger Screen , 4 times the resolution VGA, more processing power,
brighter adjustable display.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

Shipping in October 2008.

The fact that it is intended to support see you mobile is a major plus
as far as I'm concerned. The SeeYou team has a good history of
supporting their software and for being open to user suggestions.
Will that also be available in October? Will users be able to load
software updates obtained directly from the See You web site?

Andy

Naviter has said they will support the Ultimate Platform, but have not
give a date. * It will be a new software package specific to the
Ulitimate operating system. * Current users probalby will not be able
to transfer their license. *I believe users will be able to update
from the SeeYou site or my web site.

Thanks for your interest.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com