Old January 30th 11, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

Default What do you think of the agenda items at the IGC Plenary?

On Jan 28, 5:15*am, Andy wrote:
On Jan 28, 5:59*am, Ian Strachan wrote:

Comments welcome on any of the above.

I support the idea that the Official Observer should be responsible
for evaluating the flight recorder and for verifying that, as
installed, it is capable of detecting low power operation of the MOP.

I find it a bit disturbing to spend a lot of money on an approved
flight recorder only to find just a few years later that some aspect
of that approval is no longer valid.

Andy

I'll never need to worry about this, but I'm astounded it's an issue.
My Cambridge 302A has ENL, and I there is s distinct drop in ENL when
I release the tow rope. What MOPs are quiter than a Pawnee 50 meters
away?
I AM interested in the GPS/Baro altitude discussion. I personally
prefer GPS.