Old December 16th 03, 11:24 PM
Bob Gardner

DC-10. The relevant book is "The Rise and Fall of the DC-10."

Bob Gardner

"Jim" wrote in message ...
Ok, let me get this straight.... You are asking if you were smart by getting out of an airplane that:
a) had a cargo door that wouldn't latch... hmm wasn't that a bit of a problem with early 727s or was it DC9s?
b) had a cargo loading crew who's solution was "get a bigger hammer" and hit it alot harder... hey, it works with empty beer cans, this is just aluminium!
c) was being flown by pilots who placed all of their trust in the judgement of the "bigger hammer guys" after all, we sit way up here in front
d) was being flown by pilots who where of the opinion that "the bigger hammer guys" some how would guarantee the safety of the flight cause after all, they're staying on the ground

I think you were the ONLY smart one.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply