Old July 10th 03, 03:05 AM
Wooduuuward

Yes, I do think landing a gyro is easier / safer than landing a fixed wing.
That's how the whole idea for it originated.
I continue to read the crash reports for all aircraft on the faa website.
A gyro is lifted off the ground by a wing, one that spins (rotorblade). Because
it spins upwards of 200 rpm, wind gusts do little to it's stability in flight.
Gyroplanes can be slowed in flight to 20 mph, ground speed (or less if put into the wind)
The stored inertia in the rotor can be used to advantage, for doing a
'jump take off'.

AL Mills wrote:

So, do you think landing a gyro is easier / safer than landing a fixed wing?
What about the stored energy or inertia in the rotor system??