Old October 27th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ben Jackson

Default Replacing innertubes without replacing tires?

On 2006-10-26, RK Henry wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:30:56 -0500, Ben Jackson wrote:

How "decidedly not" new are the existing tires? If they're going to be
replaced soon, you could store the tubes until you need them. Of
course you run the risk that you might sell the airplane before that.

They're not new but they don't seem to be wearing out. So as you say,
they might have a long, happy life ahead of them, in which case I'd
like to get the new tubes in and quit inflating them all the time!

A&Ps have replaced several tires on my Warrior without replacing the
tubes. They always told me that they don't replace tubes as long as
there's nothing wrong with them.

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD