Old April 5th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Private

Default Exam-O-Grams

wrote in message
Private wrote:
Am I the only one who is unable to retrieve the .pdf files? Timed out?

Looking through the logs, I see a mix of failed and apparently successful
attempts from your IP address starting at about 23:15 UTC 4 Apr and ending
at about 04:45 UTC 5 Apr. Were you able to download any of them
successfully or did you always have trouble? (There is something on the
server that might be causing that, but I'm trying to verify that it's
the problem before I change it.)

Thinking that your server was busy, I made several attempts during last
evening and again this morning but none were successful. On occasion I
would get other material (ie Outlook Express) appearing in IExplorer widow
while attempting download of .pdf. I would later get a small error window
saying "a file I/O error has occurred. The file connection timed out." The
back button returns to your index page correctly, then the forward button
results in "Error 403 - Forbidden etc etc." I have often downloaded .pdf
files from several sources but have not experienced this problem before.

Am I the only one who is unable to read black background?

Probably not, but you're the first one to complain. If I get more
complaints I'll change it.

Thanks!

Matt Roberds

I have developed a personal aversion to black backgrounds (particularly with
red or dark blue text) which is causing spontaneous rants. By highlighting
the text on your site I am able to change the text color to make it more
readable and on occasion have (used a technique learned from another
objector here) copied text to Notepad or Word in order to obtain a white
background. There have been some posts/threads here commenting on this
issue. Since I am experiencing some age related vision loss, I wondered if
this could be contributing to my problem.

Thanks for reply,
Happy landings,