Old December 15th 04, 02:23 PM

Maule Driver
You certainly bring up cogent points and its a pleasure to see some
coherent thinking on a subject that too many just brush off with the
thought, "It won't happen to me". In the 40 years I have been
instructing, I've had several former students track me down to tell me
that something I told them or insisted on saved their lives later in
their careers. You cannot imagine how gratifying that is for me as an
instructor.
Again, I make no claims to be the ace of the base. I'm just a pilot who
has made so many mistakes and errors in judgement that I survived that
it makes the average pilot look like Chuck Yeager! Pretty difficult for
him and Hoover to admit mistakes though........ggg
I hope this keeps on going as a learning tool even for me. I've never
flown a glider or an ultra light. I'll do both before I head west.
Best Regards
Rocky