Old February 5th 21, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Curious about PZL KWEC-2 TE compensators

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 8:19:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
That is my understanding too. Cross-talk is the problem being avoided. One vario is compensated with the TE probe and the other independently compensated with the KWEC. Thanks for the link! There is some good info there including the for the plumbing. If it works it is actually quite simple and ingenious.

I had the KWEC-2 in my ASW-20 for a while for same reason. It's better than nothing, but pretty underwhelming. If you stay under 70 knots and 6000', it works sort of okay. The compensation goes away pretty fast with altitude.

T8