Old June 29th 04, 03:22 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:23:48 -0400, "R.T." brt5ATexeculink.com wrote:

Good day all,
After reading some older posts with regards to aircraft purchasing allot of
discussion seems to come up about Complex and High Performance aircraft.
My question is this? Is a 172 RG classified as a Complex aircraft? and a 182
fixed gear classified as a non-complex High Performance?
For my needs a decent payload is going to be important, so I am considering
purchasing a 182 or possibly a Cherokee 6 (which would suit me even better).
Any opinions on either of these aircraft good or bad would be appreciated.
Rob T

A "complex" airplane is an airplane that has a retractable landing gear,
flaps, and a controllable pitch propeller; or, in the case of a seaplane,
flaps and a controllable pitch propeller.

A high-performance airplane is an airplane with an engine of more than 200
horsepower.

So, for example, a Piper Arrow, or an older Mooney like mine, with a 200 hp
engine, is complex but NOT high performance.