Old June 29th 04, 08:00 AM
Troy Towner

Actually it has to have 201 hp or more... 200 is not high perf.

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message
"R.T." brt5ATexeculink.com wrote in message
Good day all,
After reading some older posts with regards to aircraft purchasing allot

of
discussion seems to come up about Complex and High Performance aircraft.
My question is this? Is a 172 RG classified as a Complex aircraft? and a

182
fixed gear classified as a non-complex High Performance?
For my needs a decent payload is going to be important, so I am

considering
purchasing a 182 or possibly a Cherokee 6 (which would suit me even

better).
Any opinions on either of these aircraft good or bad would be

appreciated.

AIUI, a "complex" aircraft is one with a constant speed prop. A "high
performance" aircraft is one with 200HP or more.

HTH.