Old February 13th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Spratt Update

On Feb 13, 7:07*am, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
Charlie is still in the hospital waiting for the transplanted kidney to
"kick in." His first transplant, in 1995, required a two-week tour in the
hospital, so the doctors are not alarmed.

He sends greetings to the multitude of supporters who are cheering him on..

Karl Striedieck

I'm a relative newcomer (started soaring in late 2006) - but having
read "See Ya at the Airport" and other tales about Charlie, I'm not
surprised that the kidney needs a little time to adjust! It has just
"immigrated" to a strange new land... ;-)

If any of you veterans local to his area get a chance to visit with
Charlie, please pass along my best wishes and let him know that he's
continuing to amuse and inspire new folks in this sport.

Thanks,

--Noel