Old December 14th 05, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Heating the hanger

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Dave Stadt wrote:

My 75K natural gas unit heater costs $1.00 per hour as a comparison.

If that was last year, it may be considerably more this year. Here in

Jersey, it
probably won't be too bad -- the providers are only asking for a 40% rate
increase, but I've heard stories of rates doubling.

Still cheaper than electric, of course.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong

your slightly older self.

Looks like we are going from $.7 to $1.18 per therm. It cost us $306 to
keep the hangar at 40 degrees f last winter with quite a few afternoons and
weekends at 68 to 70 degrees f. This is for a large T that is well
insulated, two ceiling fans and tight doors in northern IL. Trimline makes
an electronic thermostat that goes down to 35 degrees f and has a settable
deadband. Like Roger said a ceiling would help a lot as the peak of the
roof is over 20 feet.