Old February 23rd 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Aero Advantage Dual Pump

Am I the only one that still has the Aero Advantage Dual Pump
installed? I see that the AD to remove the pump has finally arrived:
http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/p84/385862.pdf

This is a stupid AD, in my opinion. The reason for the AD is that both
chambers might fail at the same time. But, how is that any worse than a
single-chamber pump failing?

Fortunately, the FAA updated the AD to allow owners to retain the
monitoring system, but unfortunately, the FAA has not yet granted
FAA/PMA approval to Phoenix Group (www.aeroadvantage.com) to
manufacture the simple part that is needed to do the mod.

My choice of replacement will probably be yet another new style pump,
the Sigma-Tek AEON pump (http://www.sigmatek.com).

Interestingly, the guy at Phoenix Group (the company that took over
Aero Advantage) implied that they a solution to the original flaw and
still plan to bring an update to market, if they get financing. And,
they'd overhaul the old units.