Old May 17th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Avgas availability

"Ross" wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:

BTW, regarding that 2 million bbls/day of expanded capacity (we use,
what, 10 million a day?), two studies several years ago (late 70's early
80s') calculated we could save over 10% annually on gas usage by merely
coordinating traffic signals better. Of course, that would mean
localities would possibly have to give up $$billions in reveune from
fines. It also means that those self-same localities would have to get
off their asses and do the work of setting them correctly. Fat chance:
the built-in congestion is now FAR worse, with traffic cams and the like.
NO, it's so much easier to pontificate "Public Service" BS like "share
a ride", "ride your bike"... It's nice to have the advertising budget,
too.

I am on a commuter bus for 35 miles one way. Very convienent. My company
pays one half the cost. With gas at $2.97 this week, that is very nice.

How nice.

If we all moved to bigger cities, we could all take commuter buses.

Recall the point about the exception disproving the rule.