Old July 9th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

Default A Wake Up Call From Luke AFB

"Arnold Sten" wrote in message
. ..
GA Pilots are not the only pilots who are subject to noise complaints.
Read this story:

Figures. Here in Oregon a developer--probably from another (Calif'ckin)
state--built an upscale middle-class housing development and sold a bunch of
homes...immediately downrange from the Camp Withycombe rifle range which had
been there since WWII.

Then, suddenly, the new homeowners went bug**** when they made the shocking
discovery. 'WHAT? RIFLE RANGE? How -DARE- they put up such a thing 50
years before we decided to build our house at the end of it?' Their whole
attitude is 'Well, nobody checked in with ME, and nobody told ME about it,
so it has to be stopped.'

Personally, I'm a Darwinist. If you're so f'in stupid you buy a home
without realizing there's a military shooting range pointed at you, humanity
needs you to stand there and absorb whatever comes flying through the front
of your house, 'cause otherwise you might breed idiots even more stupid than
you are.

-c