Old February 25th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
akjcbkJA

Default tail numbers and countries of registration

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Feb 24, 8:13 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote in news:f4fc54a9-f63e-480c-86f5-
:

If a plane had a tail that was YV-3???. What country is it registered
in? Is there a site that shows which country gets what leading tail
characters, N=US, F=France, C=Canada...etc.

Wil

Found one

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/04fs/data/FSICAO.htm

A sim site!

Barf!

Anyhow, it's Venezuala.

Bertie

The other day I saw a new Citation Mustang parked at the airport. The
seats still had the plastic on them. The number was "OK", which
apparently is Czech Republic.
My home field in California doesn't have a "K" number. When I fly
direct to Canada I have to tell them I'm actually departing from a
different airport just to make their computer happy.

-Robert

One of the newest tail number prefixes is M which stands for the Isle of Man
Useful for personalised tail numbers like M-IKEY