Old July 9th 09, 09:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default A fair opportunity to compete?

On Jul 8, 5:00*pm, Don Johnstone wrote:
Having read all this and accepting that I am not familiar with all the US
Rules there is a basic flaw in the argument.
It may well be that the CD opened the gate when he should not have done,
it may well be that some competitors were disadvantaged, however the CD
did open the gate and allow the competition to start and once that
decision was made it should never have been reversed. There was a valid
contest, enough competitors completed to satisfy the requirements for a
day, so what possible justification can there be for declaring it a non
contest day.
JJ is dead right. Mark you if you live in a country where a Winebago
driver can sue the makers of that vehicle for her injuries in the
accident, that occurred when she engaged cruise control and went down the
back to make a cup of coffee, then I suppose anything is possible.

Late news: I am eating cashew nuts from a packet clearly marked with the
words "May contain nuts" No sh1t Sherlock.

I heard that she actually went to the back of her RV to microwave her
cat to dry it off...

There are enough wacky things in the USA (and elsewhere) that we
don't need to retread old urban legends.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp

Darryl