Old October 31st 03, 05:28 AM
Montblack

("Roger Halstead" wrote)
First I pressure washed it, then acid etch followed by another wash.
Gave it 3 days to dry with the heat on, and then gave it three coats
of 2-part epoxy from Lowe's. Other than that I used no sealers.

We etched Margene's sister's garage floor with muric(sp?) acid after
scrubbing it clean, by hand. Our problem was humidity. I don't think we let
the floor get dry enough. It was hot and muggy out when we poured the paint
out of the can and rolled it out/on - the floor was trying to be a little
damp anyway. The other mistake was, Margene's sister drove on it too soon -
next day IIRC. Long story short, it wasn't our best effort. Paint pulled up
in high traffic areas after a year.

Dry floor, low humidity, let things dry like Roger said. You'll be glad you
did. We used Sears garage floor paint. It was us, not the paint, that was
the problem with our project. Same amount of effort doing it wrong as doing
it right - wish we had done it right.

--
Montblack