Old December 24th 13, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Using an iPad mini for soaring stuff

Dale Watkins wrote, On 12/24/2013 7:06 AM:
Actually I have a Nexus 7 - only down fall is cracking the screen -
and love using XCSOAR paired to my Nano. For business I would prefer
the ipad (should sell ok on the open market)but for soaring the Nexus
7 seven wins hands down.

A major use for me is using SD cards and USB sticks to support the
instruments in the glider. Do you use it to exchange files on SD cards
and USB sticks? Can you use it to send your IGC files to the OLC?

It sounds like it's plenty bright enough to use in the cockpit - any
issues there?

email me)