Old July 19th 04, 04:59 AM
Dave S

Whunicut wrote:
snipped

The key point here is that some ships had never reported any form of
failure for certain pieces of equipment.

snipped
Something similiar happened on an Essex class carrier I was on when the steam
powered winch handling the high-line was replaced with an electric winch.
Never knew who the "genius" was that was responsible for that FU but the next
time we were in the yards, back came the old steam winch.
Much more responsive than the electric winch and could reverse at full speed.
pretty handy to have when you`ve got a net full of 500 pounders coming aboard
and the seas are running heavy!
`Course that was before your time.:-))

Wh

I was never a squid... and while I try to be someone educated on
military stuff.. I just have to ask..

A net full of 500 pound "WHATS???"

Dave