Old May 30th 05, 06:35 AM
Jancsika

ttaylor at cc.usu.edu wrote:

Marc, I have the Colibri set up following the Winpilot recommendations
of GPGGA and GPRMC outputs. I can try turning them off one at a time.

As I know winpilot use these NMEA sentences. So if you disable them it
won't work at all...

Eric, I checked and the IR port is turned off. So hopefully that is
not the problem.

I will try some test to see if things improve. I would like to get
this all worked out before heading to Ely next week.

Try to log the nmea output (as suggested on the winpilot page).
"1. How do I troubleshoot cable connection between my GPS/Logger and
Windows CE device?
We have written a special application to make it easier. Right-click on
one of the links below , save it on your PC, and transfer it to your
Windows CE device to \Windows\Start Menu directory. You should then be
able to start it from the Start button menu. The application shows if
NMEA data is arriving to the serial port, and saves the incoming data
into a file named NMEA_Log.txt. WinPilotTTy for MIPS WinPilotTTy for
iPAQ "
Do not use any tweak software/hardware (overclocking, special system
functions etc-etc).

/Janos