Old September 21st 03, 09:13 PM
Scott Ferrin

Default New Stealthy Lockeed UCAV

This weeks AW&ST has an article on a new UCAV that Lockheed is working
on that would be launched from an F-22. It would have a range of a
thousand miles, landing gear etc. etc. It would weigh about 7500
pounds and each fighter would carry two. My question is this: The
published information I've seen lists the F-22's pylons as being rated
at 5000lbs so how would it carry a 7500lb munition? Would they just
severly restrict it's G loading when carrying it? Use some kind of
adapter that attaches to BOTH hardpoints on a wing and carry it in the
middle? Or would they beef up the wing?