Old June 29th 08, 10:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

Default Why the yEnc?

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
Gene Park wrote in
:

The only ones who like yEnc are the ones who insist on posting that
scheisse. Aggressive ignorance. Who needs to clutter up their computer
with crappy programmes just to view that crap?

If I understand you, a program that does less for a user is a good program
and a program that provides more alternatives is a bad program.

Why didn't I think of that? So easy a caveman can do it!

What are the percentages on how many people use OE as their newsreader,
versus all the rest combined? OE 80% vs. the rest?

Probably close to that.

People insisting on using yEnc is about like the gas stations stocking only
diesel fuel, when only a small percentage of cars on the road can use it.

After all, diesel is better; far better fuel economy, right? So everyone
out there, get a different vehicle, or carry your own refinery around behind
your car, so you can make something out of the diesel that your car can
burn. That makes as much sense as insisting on posting using something that
only some people can look at, without going to extra effort to do so.

That is the same argument you are making. yEnc may be much, much better,
but it can not be used (or burned) in most people's computers (cars) unless
they get a new newsreader (car) or some add on program (refinery) so they
can read it.

I'm not going to change newsreaders, or add a program, just because you
want to carry only diesel. I have never found an add on for OE that does
not make it buggy as heck. If anyone can suggest an add on that does not
cause problems for them, I might consider trying it. Otherwise, I'll do
without those pictures, thank you.
--
Jim in NC