Old March 29th 05, 07:13 PM
Brian Whatcott

On 29 Mar 2005 06:11:36 -0800, (Robin)
wrote:

Hello, this is an odd question of curiosity from an amateur: Two days
ago I was flying from Dulles to LHR on a United 747-400. The aircraft
taxied to the end of the runway, then the pilot announced there was a
problem with the weight distribution on the aircraft wings, and we
would have to move passengers to compensate. For the next half hour,
cabin crew moved passengers around, apparently from economy to
business, and then we took off. Is this normal? Can passengers body
weight really make a difference on a huge aircraft like a 747?

loaders like to place the CofG near the aft limit. Fuel and cargo
make huge invisible loads.
Still, when someone gets it wrong, you can still shuffle passengers.

Brian Whatcott Altus, OK