Old November 18th 03, 12:51 AM
mikem

my AI and I had the engine/prop out of my 182
in 30min flat.

My AI and put it back in too. Putting it back in took a lot
longer, but that included new motor mounts, overhauled exhaust system,
new hoses,overhauled alternator, overhauled engine mount, new control
cables, new wiring, new prop and governor, new baffels, new scat tubing,
engine analyzer probes, etc, etc, etc...

As long as its apart, you might as well do it all

Total cost of Millenium OH, new Prop, and misc in 2000 was ~$25K, not
including labor.

MikeM
Skylane '1MM
Pacer '00Z

Looking at something like a 182,

What does it cost to have the A+P Remove and replace the engine/prop?

It's easy to find overhaul costs in Trade a plane etc...., but how much more
does the shop labor add? (Assuming that not much else is wrong with the aircraft?)

Paul