Old March 29th 04, 03:25 AM
Ray Andraka

Thanks, but I've done the mail order route for gyros before, and they never last
very long. I had the work done at the shop that does the overhauls, and it is a
well regarded shop. I've been very pleased with past gyros from this shop (VIP in
Hartford), much more so than previous mail order ones. I think your prices are a
bit low as well. As a point of reference, Spruce lists it without a flag for $667,
with a flag for $803(not an exact match,). Chief lists it (5000B-38) at $825, and
$662 without the flag. These have sat on the shelf for God knows how long, have
been subjected to rough handling in shipping, and the prices don't include shipping,
nor the cost to get them installed. I also know that with the local shop, I get
warranty service. It happened with the DG they put in. A year and later it was
precessing too much. They replaced it at no cost. Try that with mail order....it
won't happen. I've seen too many gyros come in mail order that are no good just a
week or two after install. With those, you generally only get 30 days from date of
order if that. Doesn't sound like much of a rip-off to me.

Newps wrote:

Ray Andraka wrote:
For my Sigmatek Attitude with the flag: $495 my unit overhauled, $595 overhaul
exchange, $1015 new. These were installed prices. I imagine the ratios are
similar for a TC.

You got ripped off. New Sigma Teks can be had for $550, with the flag,
which is only a $50 option. It takes maybe a half hour to put one in.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759