Old February 22nd 04, 11:02 PM
Gary

Here goes

1 Power V_ADP + 5 Volt
2 Power V_ADP +
3 Power V_ADP +
4 Power V_ADP +
5 Reserved - Do not use
6 RS232 DCD
7 RS232 RXD For GPS
8 RS232 TXD For GPS
9 RS232 DTR
10 GND Ground Negative side for your 5 volt -
11 RS232 DSR
12 RS232 RTS
13 RS232 CTS
14 DS232 RING
15 GND Ground
16 No Connect - Do Not Use
17 USB Detect
18 No Connect - Do Not Use
19 USB - UDC +
20 No Connect - Do Not Use
21 USB - UDC -
22 Ground

Note: Pin out- 22 Pin Cradle Connector IPAQ Side

Notched Side will be the even numbers

Gary

(Michael) wrote in message . com...
There are commercial solutions availabe, ready to use.
But I would like to know which pins are used on the
IPAQ 3900 side for a two wire communication with the GPS
and which pins are used for the +5V power supply.

The IPAQ connector has some 22 pins and I guess that for
power pins 19 gets +5V and pin 21 gets ground.

A standard serial cable may connect pins 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,
whereas the USB cable connects to what? Is it pin 17 and 22 or
some of the serial pins?

Can someone explain the pin usage for a 4 wire power/com cable
on the IPAq side?

Thanks a lot
Michael