Old August 9th 19, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Default Tragedy at Uvalde

Ah! geeeze! This one hurts bad. What a nice kid. My son Mat, 22 at the time, and I met him 08 Uvalde. Both Dave and Steve were competing. Open and 15m..
He was in his early 20s then, 21 maybe. We would end up together one day flying into the north country with good lift but low bases. Both scared of the terrain and
narrow glide band, we worked together to get the job done.
I’ve thought of him often over the years. Thought of them both. His father did a hell of a job.