Old October 9th 03, 04:08 PM
Bill Gribble

Bruce Greeff writes
Personally, can't wait for Saturday.

Ha. Don't tempt me. Saturday's forecast over here looks much better than
Sunday's. Wave should still be coming in off the Welsh mountains. Makes
no difference to me, but the boyish enthusiasm of the more experienced
pilots as they haggle for an aerotow up to catch it is infectious.

However, I'm told that I'm duty bound to go into town on Saturday to buy
a guitar for my eldest son's birthday. Not the sort of thing I can
delegate to my wife, unfortunately. I've tried advancing the argument
that we should delay his birthday by a week as the weather will probably
be lousy the following weekend, but they all think I'm joking. A joke in
apparently poor taste, but even so they refuse to take the suggestion
seriously ... Which, in terms of my continuing good health and state of
marital bliss, is probably for the best.

So Sunday it is. Forecast suggests it'll be "weak thermalling
conditions". Which doesn't phase me in the slightest, as every set of
conditions is a new experience at the moment g

--
Bill Gribble