View Single Post
Old November 24th 19, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Gilbert[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Phoebus Tow Release Needed

Difficult to know exactly what the release in question looks like, but there is no problem aerotowing from both common styles of tost release. My DG100 has only a belly release with the back release function as you described. A bit of wheel brake on take up slack can stop the glider overrunning the rope and back releasing.

The type of belly release i'm referring to looks like this :

https://gliderstuff.com.au/product/t...dg-salto-sh72/

Nick.

On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 6:46:14 AM UTC+10:30, Bob Youngblood wrote:
Our club recently was gifted a late production Phoebus for our youth program to assist it rebuilding. The ship is like no Phoebus that you have ever seen! Without further detail all I will say is WOW! World class painter was commissioned to do the artwork on the tail.
What we need is some information on the tow release mechanism. The release is a Tost model 33192. This release is for winch towing, in as much as the ring will rotate back at the top of the tow allowing the release to automatically open. We would kike to change this to a locked ring collar model that will allow for aero tow only if possible. This may possibly be the only type available, I am not that cognizant of this release or model.
Does anyone out there know anything about this model or a replacement that would work. Thanks, Bob