Old November 25th 19, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Phoebus Tow Release Needed

On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 11:36:35 AM UTC-5, Steve Leonard wrote:
Bob,
I think what you are seeing is the serial number of the release, not the model number. And as others have said, you do not want to change to a different type of release. Back then, I guess pilots were more interested in flying their planes, so a single tow hitch location worked for both air and ground launches.

Take a look at the pictures of the Tost releases on Wings and Wheels. Look through the papers on the plane. It s probably new enough that it doesn't fall under the "every X years" but falls under the number of actuations limitation.

I would encourage you to not go changing something that is not likely broken and does not need changing.

Just my two cents worth. Enjoy the plane. Oh, I have the Phoebus C that Scott Williams mentions in his note above. I need to get busy on that plane!

Steve Leonard

Thanks to all, I have decided to send the unit back to TOST for their rebuild option. As Steve said, I am probably looking at the serial number. Sending it back is the best option, they offer a two week turn around. Yes, these young pirates of the club will certainly enjoy the ship. Bob