Old August 25th 05, 07:40 PM
john smith

Silly you, Scott! All FSDO's are fiefdoms! Just like US Customs
districts. The rules between any two are never the same. And they change
them anytime they want, just because!

Scott wrote:
Whoa! Am I understanding this correctly? Are you saying your local
FSDO office is making their own rules? I thought their job was to
enforce national rules directly from the FAA. How does that work??? If
I'm a transient pilot from my FSDO area to your FSDO area, how I am
supposed to know your FSDO rules? I must be reading something into what
you are writing that you really don't mean.
Now, of course, I realize there is a "catch all" in the FARs. Goes
something like operating in a safe manner. A FSDO office could
interpret that to mean by not tying down before propping is operating in
a dangerous or careless manner.