Old April 27th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Default Avionics Build It Yourself Manuals

RST Engineering wrote:

Please vote:

1. I want a print (paper) set of manuals with my kit.

2. I want a CDROM with my kit that I can print out myself.

3. I want you to increase the cost of the kit by $5 and include both print
and CDROM with every kit.

Please, no other permutations. Print or CDROM. No other choices.

It depends on the number of pages. For example, I was willing to pay for a
hardcopy of the GNS480 manual, even though I could download it for free. The
hardcopy is conveniently wire-bound and is a more convenient form factor than
the 8.5x11 I'd be constrained to if I printed it myself. Printing several
hundred pages is not cheap in either time, dollars, or frustration factor on my
home printer.

For anything up to 25 pages or so, I'd rather have the CD. Easier to store, I
don't have papers lying around except whatever pages I actually need.

....but I've not been one of your customers - yet.

Bottom line: 2

Dave