Old July 22nd 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

Default say again-- RA parties

("Mike Adams" wrote)
That would be me! Looking forward to seeing all you folks. We were there
3 years ago, but haven't made it since. We got the plane packed this
afternoon in our 118 degree heat, and I'm not sure we have room for much
Arizona beer, but we'll try. We're launching for Iowa City at o'dark
thirty tomorrow morning, OSH on Sunday.

You were there with Dad, IIRC.

Some Jack Allison news:

Jack and his Arrow full of Allisons called me around 4:30pm CST (2:30pm
where he was at - Ogden, Utah). The had a fuel stop, told the guy to fill it
to the tabs, and went in to eat. When they came out, tanks were full. 14
gallons too many. Off-load, off-load. Heat, Heat.

It was hot, and they were smelling like fuel, so Jack said, "I have an idea,
let's hit the pool."

So they're staying put in Ogden, Utah tonight. He said he had headwinds on
the nose all morning and was seeing Cessna Skyhawk ground speeds.

He was dealing with HIGH density altitude numbers too. I think he said Elko,
Nevada was over 8,000 ft.

Not sure if he had another stop in there?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B1122327D
Great Circle Mapper - Jack's High Density Altitude Day.

Jay's party in Iowa City is tomorrow's goal. g

Montblack