Old September 21st 03, 05:59 AM
Earl Heron

Thanks for the thoughtful post, Ross. Joe Bill's article was fascinating!

Earl
________________________

Jets Press Publishing
By Mechanics, for everyone -- about Jets
http://www.jjetspress.com

"Air Force Jayhawk" wrote in message
http://www.codeonemagazine.com/archi...ct_86/cockpit/

Explains it better than I can...

Ross "Roscoe" Dillon
USAF Flight Tester
(B-2, F-16, F-15, F-5, T-37, T-38, C-5, QF-106)

On 20 Sep 2003 18:54:19 GMT, ELETEME (Kurt R.
Todoroff) wrote:

Does it move when say when the pilot wants to climb, or does it have
pressure sensors on a rigid stick so the stick can inform the
computers the pilots hand is pressing on the front of the stick and

he
wants the F-16 to climb?

Both. However, the purpose of the movement is only to provide artificial

feel
or feedback to the pilot. I read in the flight manual (a while back)

that the
stick moves either 1/4 inch or 1/8 inch longitudinally and laterally. I

don't
know how many degrees of pitch and roll movement about the translation

point
this equates to. For all intents and purposes, the stick is rigid. I

think
that General Dynamics incorporated this feature into the second block of
F-16A/B aircraft.

Kurt Todoroff

Markets, not mandates and mob rule.
Consent, not compulsion.

Remove "DELETEME" from my address to reply