Old March 19th 18, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Flarm collision alert from Tow Plane ADS-B

That's all fine and good, but I doubt that will matter to the OP whose
complaint was the constant alarm.

A glider tow is a formation flight and, in a formation flight, everyone
except the leader turns off his transponder (sets it on Standby, I'd say
the same for ADS-B and/or Flarm) to avoid mucking up the radar screens
on the ground and in the Flarm in the glider. At least that's the way it
was done when I was doing it for a living.Â* My suggestion would be for
the glider to turn off his Flarm until after releasing and gaining safe
spacing from the tug.Â* If it's a brick wired to the avionics bus, put a
switch in series with the power line.Â* Problem solved.

On 3/18/2018 9:02 PM, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 9:15:29 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
I don’t see the option to enter ADS-B info in flarmnet. This could be useful though. Or perhaps flarm displays already recognize the contest ID for an ADSB target if their flarm already registered in flarmnet?

Ramy

Just register as you would a Flarm and use your ICAO address as FLARM ID.

--
Dan, 5J