Old March 21st 20, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default O2, Question for medics.

I was sick last October, achy, fever, congested. Five or six days later I woke at night and could hear chest rattle high in my lungs.
Brain finally kicked on, I said 'I'm hypoxic'. Dug out my oximeter and saw variable 80's. Sent hubby out to dig out a bottle from a glider in a trailer. Rest of the night I ran the mask on a low flow. Headache was finally gone.

Next morning the urgent care sent me to hospital. All I wanted was a prescription for the right antibiotics. Xray, five different folks listening to me take deep breaths with cold stethoscopes (hyperventilation anyone?).

Gave me IV dose of some -cillin, wrote a script, said go home and rest. $4500.