Old July 30th 03, 06:00 PM
BD5ER

Default Foil antenna and carbon fiber

My Internet search didn't turn up what I was looking for so I came here for
advice. The task at hand is the installation of a foil antenna in a composite
canard which would ordinarily be a rather routine task for the plane - a
Quickie - but in this case there are some carbon fiber rods at 25% chord that
make placement impossible without having the foil either near some of the
carbon or metal components.

My question: How much does the carbon fiber rods affect the antenna
performance compared to a few bits of isolated metal (elevator hinge) and does
it make a significant difference if the carbon fiber is PAN or Pitch?